This year’s media production and technology show (MPTS) may have come to an end, but we are taking time to reflect on what a success it has been! For the past few days, our team have come together with some of the industry's brightest minds to showcase the latest advancements in IP KVM and media production and technology.
If you missed us, then do not fear! Here we wrap up some of the key things we demonstrated at the show.
- With the introduction of the ADDERLink® INFINITY 4000 series, dual-head 4K IP KVM becomes a reality for creative and post-production environments. The flexibility of the solution means that 4K capability can be added into an existing KVM matrix as and when it is required.
- Over the course of the past week, we have demonstrated the importance of hi-speed USB2.0 for color grading panels and file transfer.
- For those working in busy environments, such as broadcast control rooms, fast-switching KVM solutions should be at the heart of their workflow. We demonstrated how fast switching technology allows operators to seamlessly switch from one camera shot or application to the next, at the touch of a button, without the need for multiple workstations. This makes it easier for production teams to manage workflows and helps to create a smooth transition between shots or segments.
- The ADDERLink INFINITY 3000 (ALIF3000) series makes switching between physical computers and virtual machines easy – allowing media and entertainment professionals to benefit from usability of IP KVM and the flexibility and growth opportunities provided by virtualized applications. Designed to integrate VM access into an existing ADDERLink INFINITY network without disruption, downtime, or costly replacement fees, the ALIF3000 delivers pixel-perfect picture quality, audio and USB 2.0 to single or dual screens over a single 1GbE link.
- Our team showcased how KVM can be easily integrated with LDAP, Syslog, SNMP, and other broadcast control systems.
- For those wanting to optimize rack space and reduce operating costs, our ZeroU™ range of KVM transmitters can be plugged in to the back of a rack mounted PC or server and powered using USB. With plug and play functionality and support for multiple connectivity types, our range of ZeroU solutions gives IT teams flexibility and choice.
So, there we have it - a quick round up of MPTS 2023! It was a great reminder of the important role that that the media and entertainment industry play in our world – and how IP KVM can be an enabler in that.
We can't wait to see what the future holds and look forward to another successful show next year!